- This event has passed.
July 7 @ 7:00 pm
Frank Waln is a Sicangu Lakota public speaker and a multi-genre music artist and curator from the Rosebud Reservation in South Dakota. He received a BA in Audio Arts & Acoustics from Columbia College Chicago where he was given the Mayor’s Award for Civic Engagement upon graduating. Frank has won several awards for his work. including four Native American Music Awards and international ﬁlm festival awards for the music videos he ﬁlmed at home on the Rosebud Reservation. Frank will be joined by hoop dancers Lumhe and Samsoche Sampson. frankwaln.com
- Ceremonial Kick-Off: Featuring songs from the Wakpa Ipaksan Singers from Flandreau and a presentation of 9 Tribal flags by youth from the South Dakota Urban Indian Health sewing and beading groups.
- Opener: Gabriel Night Shield
- Headliner: Frank Waln with Lumhe and Samsoche Sampson
- Featured Food Trucks: Backyard BBQ, Taqueria Juanita and Buffalo Gal Concessions
- Special Beverage Note: Pop and water available at the Levitt concessions stand. No alcohol will be served tonight out of respect for a request from our Wokini Initiative sponsor as there is a ceremonial opening featuring Native youth singers/drummers and the 9 Tribal flags will be presented by area youth.
Frank Waln’s performance is part of the All My Relatives/Mitakuye Owas’iƞ/Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ Festival. The All My Relatives Festival will be held at the Levitt on Fri, July 7th – Sat, July 8th and is sponsored by the Wokini Initiative of SDSU.
For more information on what to expect and what to bring, visit our Levitt FAQ page.