Strengthening Our Community
Sioux Falls has the unique opportunity to be a part of something truly exceptional by joining the only national network of outdoor performance venues with FREE programming. Levitt at the Falls will serve as a gathering space in Falls Park that will strengthen our community through the power of free, live, outdoor music. The construction of the Levitt Shell Sioux Falls was made possible through a partnership between the national Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation, the City of Sioux Falls and the Friends of Levitt Shell Sioux Falls.
The goal of the Levitt National Foundation is to inspire the best of American city life by:
- Creating community and social interaction among people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Empowering communities across America to reclaim green spaces and reinvigorate public spaces.
- Ensuring access to the performing arts for all through high quality free concerts.
Sioux Falls is a wonderful place to live and work today because of wise planning done by past and current civic and community leaders. This intentional development continues today with the building of Levitt at the Falls. This project aligns with the vision of:
- Sioux Falls 2025 Downtown Plan
- The Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation’s “Sioux Falls Tomorrow” Strategic Plan
- Sioux Falls Arts Council’s Plan, “Sioux Falls Imagined”
- 2004 Greenway and Riverfront Master Plan
One concert at a time, Levitt at the Falls will benefit Sioux Falls in a variety of ways by:
- Supporting local retailers and downtown businesses through increased foot traffic
- Drawing tourists to Sioux Falls
- Assisting workforce development by making Sioux Falls more attractive to young professionals
- Bringing together our increasingly diverse community
The mission of Levitt at the Falls is to Build Community Through Music.