Levitt at the Falls is pleased to announce the return to live concerts at the Sioux Falls Levitt Shell and the full calendar for the 2021 season. The Levitt team has assembled an exciting season of professional artists to perform for 40 FREE concerts at the Levitt Shell in Falls Park West starting on Friday, June 11 and concluding on Saturday, September 11. The 2021 season, sponsored by Sanford Health, will consist of local, regional and national professional artists offering a variety of genres and musical styles. With 8 different musical series offered (Americana, Women of Song, Country, Garden Fresh, Homegrown, World Music, Rock & Blues and a Family Series), there will be something for everyone.
“After a year of tremendous challenges for our community, we are so thrilled to bring news of hope and joy with a return to free, outdoor live music and community building at the Levitt Shell. We are grateful for the support of our many sponsors and donors for investing in the power of live music and our mission,” said Nancy Halverson, Executive Director of Levitt at the Falls.
Levitt concerts will be held each Friday and Saturday night of the summer from June 11- September 11, with Thursday concerts added into the schedule in the months of July and August. Levitt events will include opening acts featuring local performers, a variety of food vendors, and drinks available through JJ’s Wine & Spirits. The lawn will open at 6pm each night with music beginning at 6:30pm. Additionally, Family Series performances for kids and youth groups will be held on 4 Friday mornings throughout the summer at 10am.
The anticipation of the return to the Levitt is building in the community. “Music brings people together and builds community, and so it’s only fitting that the Levitt’s 2021 concert series would provide the community the opportunity to get back together and enjoy live music after the challenges of the past year. The City is proud to partner with Levitt at the Falls to bring vibrancy, momentum and activity to Falls Park West and to our downtown,” said Mayor Paul TenHaken.
The 2021 Season is presented by Sanford Health. “Sanford Health’s commitment to community spans across our entire Region,” said Stacy Wrightsman, Executive Director of Community Relations for Sanford Health. “Music is healing, and human connection is important. Through the work of the Levitt, community building is happening right here in our backyard. We are so very proud to support Levitt at the Falls and their 2021 season.
Opening night on Friday, June 11 for Levitt at the Falls will feature the 2020 GRAMMY-winning quintet Ranky Tanky, who bring a fresh and inspiring jazz take to the traditional Gullah music of South Carolina. Described by NPR as “lively, soulful, honey to the ears”, the award-winning Ranky Tanky will open the Levitt season with a dynamic, not-to-be missed performance. Closing night on Saturday, September 11 will feature Chicago’s LowDown Brass Band – an all horn band which leans heavily on dance hall and street beat rhythm, with the energy of conscious hip hop, jazz, reggae, and soul.
2021 LEVITT AT THE FALLS CONCERT SEASON PRESENTED BY SANFORD HEALTH
Evening Performances: Lawn Opens at 6pm/Music Starts at 6:30pm
- Ranky Tanky | Friday, June 11
- Lucas Hoge | Saturday, June 12
- Bo DePeña | Friday, June 18
- Mae Simpson Band | Saturday, June 19
- Goodroad | Friday, June 25
- The Two Tracks | Saturday, June 26
- The Reminders | Friday, July 2
- East of Westreville | Saturday, July 3
- Diali Cissokho & Kaira Ba | Thursday, July 8
- Rhythm Collective | Friday, July 9
- Chastity Brown | Saturday, July 10
- Jocelyn & Chris | Thursday, July 15
- Ring of Kerry | Friday, July 16
- Nur-D | Saturday, July 17
- Pert Near Sandstone | Thursday, July 22
- Southern Avenue | Friday, July 23
- Wild Earp | Saturday, July 24
- The Steel Wheels | Thursday, July 29
- The Foxies | Friday, July 30
- Esencia Latina Band | Saturday, July 31
- Caleb Johnson & The Ramblin’ Saints | Thursday, Aug. 5
- Beautiful Kingdom | Friday, Aug. 6
- Superior Siren | Saturday, Aug. 7
- Alvin Youngblood Hart’s Muscle Theory | Thursday, Aug. 12
- Shayna Steele | Friday, Aug. 13
- Britnee Kellogg | Saturday, Aug. 14
- The Claudettes | Thursday, Aug. 19
- The Rad Trads | Friday, Aug. 20
- Lemon Bucket Orkestra | Saturday, Aug. 21
- Miss Myra & The Moonshiners | Thursday, Aug. 26
- Jackie Venson | Friday, Aug. 27
- Taylor Scott Band | Saturday, Aug. 28
- Tonic Sol-fa | Friday, Sept. 3
- V the Noble One & The Knights Tempo | Saturday, Sept. 4
- Farewell Angelina | Friday, Sept. 10
- LowDown Brass Band | Saturday, Sept. 11
Morning Performances for Youth and Families: 10am on select Fridays
- Dallas Chief Eagle | Friday, June 18 | Family
- Celtic for Kids | Friday, July 16 | Family
- The Okee Dokee Brothers | Friday, July 23 | Family
- 123 Andrés | Friday, Aug. 6 | Family